TEHRAN (Iran News) – Saudi-led coalition’s massacre and crimes in Yemen and against Yemenis continue while the international bodies and especially the Westerners are indifferent and even they have given a nod of approval for such a crime to those savage forces.
While Saudi-led coalition pours tons of bombs and missiles over Yemeni, on Wednesday the United Nations Security Council was busy for approving a resolution in defense of Zionists and the Holocaust and it bespeaks the indifference of the world regarding Yemenis who are suffering from hunger and invasions.
On Friday, Yemen’s Supreme Political Council said the massacres committed by the Saudi-led coalition “will not go unpunished,” condemning international silence on the atrocities against the Yemeni people.
According to Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen television network, the council said in a statement on Friday that “those who are silent on the massacres” should “swallow their tongues when the screams of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab of Emirates (UAE) and their users rise,” in an apparent reference to the United States and the Israeli regime.
According to the statement, the targeting of telecommunication networks means the coalition aims to “commit more crimes away from the media.” Referring to the coalition members as “dirty tools of the Zionists and the Americans,” the council stated, “Despite your crimes, you will fail as before.” The statement emphasized that the Yemeni army and allied fighters from popular committees will “respond forcefully to all aggressors.”
Also on Friday, crowds of Yemenis took to the streets of the capital Sana’a and other cities to condemn coalition bombardment of Sa’ada and Hudaydah. Seventy people were killed and nearly 140 others injured in one attack that targeted a detention center in Sa’ada earlier in the day. And on Thursday, the telecommunications building in Hudaydah was hit.
Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies – including the UAE – launched a brutal war on Yemen in March 2015. The war was launched to eliminate Yemen’s Ansarullah movement and reinstall former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh. But the campaign, accompanied by a tight siege, has failed to reach its goals, although it has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemeni people.
The UN refers to the situation in Yemen as the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. The war has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s infrastructure, destroying hospitals, schools, and factories.
Although the UN admits the condition in Yemen is deteriorating but it is nor ready to take any serious action against these atrocities and instead it rushes to the rescue of the Zionists.
On Friday even Saudi activists took to social media to condemn the displacement of the residents of several areas across Jeddah with the aim of implementing the projects of the so-called Saudi Vision 2030, which was launched by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in 2016.
Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen television network said in a report on Friday that the activists, over the past days, slammed the Saudi authorities for destroying the entire residential neighborhoods in Jeddah Province, and denounced the displacement of the residents without giving them a deadline to find alternative homes.
The demolitions come as the crown prince last month launched a new investment project dubbed “Jeddah Central Project,” which will include four landmarks: an opera house, museum, sports stadium, and oceanarium, as part of the implementation of Vision 2030.
Yahia al-Hadid, a Human Rights Defender and the Chairman of Gulf Institute for Democracy and Human Rights (GIDHR), censured in a tweet the Saudi government for destroying the residents’ homes, “without any consideration of their humanitarian situation.”
The citizens of the oil-rich country “live below the poverty line and are being humiliated, despite the oil wealth that have been scattered over the seasons of entertainment.”
Despite these protests and complaints, there is no serious action from the United Nations Security Council to condemn or put pressure on the Saudi-led forces and this has emboldened these forces to continue their crimes comfortably and it is time for the Yemeni fighters themselves to take action against these aggressors. And every time it wants to condemn the aggressors, it also condemns Yemenis as well because it wants to please the West and Saudis. Unfortunately Muslim world except few countries have been silent against these crimes and even some have sided with the Saudi-led forces.
Yemenis need to be stronger and more united than ever against aggressors in order to gain independence and expelling the invaders and the international bodies which are silent against the aggressors are better to remain silent when Yemenis retaliate and to stop their double standard approach to the issues of peace and human rights because aggressors in Yemen have been ignorant to all human rights issues and even to its primary principles.
So countdown has begun for retaliation from Yemenis to expel aggressors because their silence will embolden the Saudi-led forces for more attacks and pressure and ultimately losing independence and pride of the country. And it is now the time Muslim world to come to the support of Yemenis at least verbally or to stop siding with Saudis who care committing one of the most horrible massacres in the history in Yemen.
There is a proverb which sys “You want a thing done, do it yourself” and Yemenis need to rely on themselves than pinning hopes to the international bodies’ aids.