TEHRAN (Iran News) – Iranian President Hassan Rouhani called on people to continue observing the health protocols, saying that the government will take a moderate approach in imposing restrictive measures aimed at curbing the coronavirus infections.
All people must be observing the health protocols and social distancing at least for the next six months until a safe and effective vaccine is developed and widely distributed, Rouhani said on Sunday.
“We must know that we will have this situation for another six months or maybe longer,” he said.
The Iranian president added that the government has currently no plans to intensify restrictive measures as any decision in this regard may cause fear among people and affect their mental health.
“We should behave moderately and know that this virus will be with us for a while and we should be prepared,” Rouhani said.
Iran’s Health Ministry’s Spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari on Saturday put the death toll from the coronavirus in Iran at 18,264, saying the disease has taken the lives of 132 patients over the previous 24 hours.
She also noted that at least 282,122 patients have recovered from the coronavirus infection so far or have been discharged from hospitals across the country.
The number of people infected with COVID-19 across the world has surpassed 19.8 million and the death toll has exceeded 729,000.
- source : Tasnim, Irannews