TEHRAN (Iran News) – Foreign minister of Iran Mohammad Javad Zarif said that Tehran and Moscow have similar views on the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and the necessity of respecting international regulations.
Zarif who is on a one-day visit to Russia made the announcement in a message on his twitter account on July 21.
– Delivered important msg to President Putin.
– Extensive talks with FM Lavrov on bilat coop + regional/global coordination.
– Identical views on #JCPOA and need to uphold int’l law.
– Agreed to conclude a long-term comprehensive strategic cooperation agreement.
The Iranian top diplomat held separate meetings on Tuesday with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Zarif voiced Tehran’s readiness to extend a 20-year cooperation agreement with Moscow which will expire in March 2021.
His talks were focused on major regional and international developments including the 2015 nuclear deal (JCPOA).
In his meeting with the Russian foreign minister, Zarif said the US is pursuing a dangerous policy regarding JCPOA.
US is making its utmost efforts to revive an arms embargo against Iran which is to expire in October based on UN Resolution 2231 which endorses Iran’s nuclear deal.
- source : Iran Daily, Irannews