Iran Dismisses Rumors About Transfer of Kish Island to China
IRAN NEWS POLITICAL DESK
TEHRAN – Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson quashed rumors about a comprehensive cooperation plan between Tehran and Beijing, saying the old trick of using false information to get details of the agreement will get nowhere.
In a post on his Twitter account on Tuesday, Seyed Abbas Mousavi said “Iran-China comprehensive cooperation plan” is a clear roadmap that sets the stage for relations between the two major countries in future, “when China, as the world’s top economic power in the near future, and Iran, as the great power in the West Asia region, can fulfill the common interests and stand against the pressure of bullies with complementary relations that are independent of the traditional and hegemonic Western powers.”
The spokesman underlined that the cooperation agreement between the two countries neither entails any Chinese control over the Iranian islands, nor any presence of military forces, nor the “other illusions.”
“The old trick of falsification and release of wrong information in order to get the right details and information, which is seriously pursued by the enemies of interests of the two nations, will go nowhere,” Mousavi added.
“There is no news of the transfer of Iranian islands, now the presence of the military or other illusions,” former president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called these rumors an old “trick.”
There are many small islands off the coast of Iran, some of which are strategic and important for navigation of the Persian Gulf. Iran also has a free trade zone on Kish island, and Iran has a deal with India about its Chabahar port, where there is also a free trade industrial area.
Meanwhile the secretariat of Free Zones High Council in a statement refuted allegations that some parts of southern shores and Kish Island have been transferred to China.
The statement accused aliens and foreign media of spreading such fake news to ruin the relation between both states.
Meanwhile Head of Presidential Office Mahmoud Vaezi described Iran-China document as a usual agreement between the two countries, saying foreign media started sabotaging relations between Tehran and Beijing.
Elaborating on Iran-China 25-year-old agreement, Vaezi said it is a usual document signed aiming to strengthen relations.
The government has always been committed to approving whatever is necessary and also whatever is related to parliament, he said, adding that there is no secret.
Referring to confusion caused by social media for people, he said the propaganda is supported from outside the country.
Iranian constitution and regulatory bodies will spare no efforts for clarifying the issues, he noted.
Commenting on the upcoming meeting between heads of three branches of power, Vaezi said the goal has always been outside the country to create a rift between people and officials.
Earlier on Tuesday, Iranian Government spokesman Ali Rabiee said some of these suspicions are a real question of public opinion and respectable.
“We do not have a secret issue with the people that need to be answered, and it is the suspicions that have been formed in the minds of the elites and the people,” he added.
Rabiee said that the idea of a cooperation agreement with China has been gradually announced since its inception, adding, “We announced to the public when the Chinese government responded to the Iranian draft, and even when it said it was ready to negotiate.”
The government spokesman noted that the final talks are underway to reach an agreement with China, adding that the final agreement will be announced at any time.