TEHRAN (Iran News) – Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Major General Hossein Salami said the IRGC forces are fully ready to help Iranian health officials to control and fight against the outbreak of coronavirus.
In a telephone conversation with Health Minister Saeed Namaki on Monday, Major General Salami said the IRGC is ready to provide assistance to the health authorities and help in the fight against coronavirus.
In addition to the training measures to prevent the disease, all health sectors of the IRGC are ready to continue to provide services and assistance until the situation returns to normal, he added.
The top commander also hailed the role of the Basij (Mobilization) Force in implementing a national program on Polio vaccination as a very successful model and experience.
Earlier on Monday, Namaki said the number of people who have died from the coronavirus in the country has risen to 12 and the total number of confirmed cases to 47, according to an MP.
In an interview with Tasnim, the spokesman for the Iranian parliament’s presiding board said the Health Minister has announced in a closed-door session of the parliament on Monday that the number of cases admitted to the hospital for COVID-19 infection has reached 47 and the death toll has risen to 12.
The minister has also noted that two coronavirus cases have been detected in capital Tehran, both of whom had traveled to the city of Qom, where the first cases of coronavirus were reported in Iran, Asadollah Abbasi said.
The lawmaker said families in the province of Qom are being given free packages including masks and detergents.
The Health Ministry says the source of contagion in Iran were the individuals returning to Iran from Pakistan, Afghanistan, and China, some of whom have crossed the border illegally, the MP added.
China had 150 new confirmed coronavirus deaths on Sunday, the National Health Commission announced on Monday, pushing the death toll nationwide to 2,592.
- source : Tasnim, Irannews