TEHRAN- Maintenance services were completed at the platforms of Iran’s South Pars gas field in the Persian Gulf in a bid for stable production during the coming winter.
Maintenance operations were conducted at 17 platforms in the field during 179 days since April 21, Public Relations Department of Pars Oil and Gas Company (POGC), which is in charge of developing the field, reported on Monday quoting Mehdi Rajabi, production director of platform No. 1, as saying.
South Pars, which Iran shared with Qatar in the Persian Gulf, is estimated to contain a significant amount of natural gas, accounting for about eight percent of the world’s reserves, and approximately 18 billion barrels of condensate.
The field is divided into 24 standard phases of development in the first stage. Most of the phases are fully operational at the moment.
Development phases of South Pars will be completed within one and half years, POGC Managing Director Mohammad Meshkinfam said on October 20.
Meshkinfam said 85 percent of the phases are complete so far and implementation of the rest 15 percent will be finished by the next 1.5 years, Shana news agency reported.
Completing development phases of South Pars is among the Oil Ministry’s priorities outlined by President Hassan Rouhani in a decree in mid September.