Tehran is hosting the National Exhibition on Sacred Defense Achievements coincided with annual ceremonies to mark the anniversary of the beginning of eight years of a war.
Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei on Monday said Iraq’s 1980-88 war with Iran showed the country can defend itself and that aggression on the Islamic Republic would be very costly.
The epic period of eight years of Sacred Defense in Iran has fostered the culture of martyrdom and self-sacrifice in Iran.
“The legacy of the liberation of Khorramshahr helped us make victory out of 40 years of military combat, sanctions, terrorism, and economic war,” the secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council wrote in a message on the anniversary of the liberation of Khorramshahr from Saddam Hussein’s invading army back in May 1982.
- Rouhani, vaccination in Iran will start soon
- Goldman Bullish On Oil, Relief Package
- Hassan Taftian wins gold at Meeting Elite Indoor
- Araghchi, US Must lift sanctions before returning to the JCPOA
- Gold Markets Pullback Towards the Weekend
- Zarif to embark on Eurasian tour
- Tehran, Bangkok to Work Together to Tackle COVID-19 Impact on Culture, Art
- Tehran, Moscow Urged to Launch Joint Trade, Industrial Holdings
- Japan Keen to Expand Ties With Iran
- Iran Oil Product Exports Hit Record High Despite Sanctions
- Preferential Tariffs to Boost Trade Level Between Tehran and Hanoi
- Denmark Welcomes Boosting Cooperation
- Iran Has Highest Level of Transit to Afghanistan
- Iran Blocks Saudi Regime, UAE From Joining UN Disarmament Talks
- Gold flatlines around $1840 as markets look forward to Biden inauguration
The crisis has created many obstacles to growth, but also some opportunities.