UN says Israel seeks West Bank displacement as seizures spark outcry
UN says Israel seeks West Bank displacement as seizures spark outcry
The United Nations has warned that the Israeli regime’s latest measures in the occupied West Bank are aimed at forcing Palestinians off their land, describing the actions as violations of international law.

UN says Israel seeks West Bank displacement as seizures spark outcry

TEHRAN (Iran News) UN Secretary‑General spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said the Israeli regime’s recent decisions are intended to facilitate the expulsion of Palestinians from the West Bank and undermine stability in the territory. Speaking to Al Jazeera early Wednesday, Dujarric said such measures run counter to international legal obligations.

He added that statements by Israeli ministers in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s cabinet openly call for the destruction of the “two‑state solution.”

There is no alternative to the “two‑state solution,” Dujarric said, stressing that UN Secretary‑General Antonio Guterres will continue pressing UN member states to take political steps to make that solution viable.

The Israeli regime’s cabinet has recently approved a decision allowing, for the first time since 1967, the seizure of Palestinian land in the West Bank by registering it as “state property.”

The move has triggered widespread international criticism and raised concerns about escalating tensions in the occupied territories.

Guterres has previously condemned the decision, warning that it would lead to the dispossession of Palestinians and the expansion of Israeli control over occupied land. “Israel ”

Finland also denounced the decision by the Israeli regime. Foreign Minister Elina Valtonen said the regime’s decision to register West Bank land violates international law and further distances prospects for a “two‑state solution,” which Finland has long supported.

The decision has intensified diplomatic pressure on the Israeli regime amid growing global concern over the future of Palestinian statehood.

He added that statements by Israeli ministers in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s cabinet openly call for the destruction of the “two‑state solution.”

There is no alternative to the “two‑state solution,” Dujarric said, stressing that UN Secretary‑General Antonio Guterres will continue pressing UN member states to take political steps to make that solution viable.

The Israeli regime’s cabinet has recently approved a decision allowing, for the first time since 1967, the seizure of Palestinian land in the West Bank by registering it as “state property.”

The move has triggered widespread international criticism and raised concerns about escalating tensions in the occupied territories.

  • source : irna